As moms, we’re always trying to find easy and TASTY ways to have our children consume calcium for strong bones. It’s an added bonus if it’s organic! We’re so excited to partner with Organic Valley to showcase their products – milk in specific! At Organic Valley, happy cows mean happy milk … we can relate to that as moms, for sure! We want to know we’re giving our children the very best.
Here are three recipes we’re loving on these hot summer days.
Yes, please! STLMom team member, Lauren, whipped up this milkshake recipe and we’re excited to share it! This recipe is EASY, and these little ladies had so much fun making AND eating it! Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup Organic Valley Whole Milk
- Approx 8 large roasted marshmallows
- 4 big scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 6 graham crackers
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
Time to make your milkshake! Dip your milkshake glasses in chocolate sauce and then crushed graham crackers for a tasty rim. Pour a little chocolate sauce into the bottom of each glass.
Combine a few marshmallows, ice cream, and milk in a blender. Blend until mostly smooth. (Reader’s choice- add in a few graham crackers if you like a thicker milkshake!)
Garnish with extra marshmallows, some crushed graham crackers, or mini chocolate chips if you’re feeling fancy! (Recipe serves 2!)
Organic Fruit Smoothie
Getting enough calcium and protein can be a struggle, so we like to have a protein-rich breakfast. Thanks to STLMom owner, Rebekah, here’s an easy fruit smoothie sure to be a hit in your home! Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup Organic Valley Milk
- 1 carton plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- dash of honey
Blend all your ingredients and enjoy!
Summer Frappé for Mom
We know you get called on a lot to share your food and drink, but this one is just for YOU, mom! In addition to the family-friendly smoothie recipe above, Rebekah is happy to share her frappe recipe with you, as well:
Blend 1 cup of espresso (or STRONG coffee), 2 cups crushed ice, 3/4 cup of Organic Valley Milk, and 2T sugar. Blend and top with whipped cream! How’s that for an afternoon pick-me-up??
Why We Love Organic Valley
- Making Animal Care a Priority: Organic Valley prioritizes giving the highest level of care to their cows. Farmers encourage their cows to graze freely and engage in natural behaviors, ensuring they produce the best quality milk.
- Lots of Time Outdoors: Being outdoors 50 percent more than standards require encourages Organic Valley cows to produce better milk. As parents, we know the value of time outside and the benefits it brings our kids, too! (Amen?!)
- High Quality, Nutritious Diets: As parents, we know that our kids feel better and grow healthier with well-balanced diets. Organic Valley cows get lots of grass in their diets from all that time they spend on pasture. Their diets are packed with diverse nutrients stemming from the many plants and grasses on which they graze. As with our kids, this makes all the difference!
- Enriching Playtime for their Cows! We sure can relate to this. Organic Valley cows are encouraged to freely graze, roam and play! As parents, our children learn and grow through unstructured play much the same way!
- Some Good, Old-Fashioned TLC. Organic Valley is made up of small family farms. Small farms mean small herds, allowing for lots of TLC for the cows. Their farmers care about, and get to know, each and every cow much like we do with our pets. The love they pour into their herds is evident in each and every glass of milk that is poured!
It’s difficult to find a food brand these days that puts such thought and care into its product. We hope you enjoy these recipes and will look for Organic Valley milk the next time you fill your fridge!