When you think of Elvis Presley, I bet summer camp doesn’t come to your mind! Well guess what!? We have a pretty unique summer camp to tell you about that will not only be a great experience for your child but a great opportunity for a family summer getaway as well! Moms love killing two birds with one stone, don’t we??
Why Graceland Performing Arts Camp is Unique
Not only will your kids and teens learn all about singing, acting and dancing, but they’ll follow in the footsteps of Elvis, learn all about his life and legacy, and have the unique opportunity to perform live on stage at Graceland! How many people can say they’ve done that?! They’ll explore the Graceland campus, tour Elvis’ former residence and learn how he grew to become one of the greatest musicians of all time, in the studio, on stage and on screen.
This immersive theater arts and music experience is a summer camp for beginning and the most advanced performers. Campers learn from local and Broadway professionals as they develop their talent through workshops focused on on acting, singing and dancing. During the four days of camp, campers will prepare a showcase, culminating in an evening performance on stage at The Guest House Theater for family and friends on Saturday night.
While campers are having fun during the day, parents and other family members will have the chance to explore Graceland Archives presentations and tours, have access to shuttle transportation to other Memphis attractions and can relax poolside at The Guest House, before reuniting with their children in the evening for family dinners and activities! Not having to worry about your kiddos for your whole vacation sounds right up our alley!
What the Camp Package Includes
Two sessions are offered:
- July 10-14 session is exclusively for kids ages 13-17
- July 17-21 is for kids ages 6-16 (with instruction segmented by age)
– 4 nights hotel accommodations at AAA-rated Four Diamond luxury resort The Guest House at Graceland in a standard guest room
– Performing arts classes for campers on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of camp with a finale performance on Saturday night
– Meals for all room guests & campers including breakfast, lunch options and dinner
– Tour of Elvis Presley’s Graceland and Elvis Presley’s Memphis Entertainment Complex
– Exclusive opening party/dinner at Elvis Presley’s Memphis
Check out the 2018 Camp Highlight Video for a better idea of what your kiddos will be up to! We bet you can’t help falling in love with Memphis and this fantastic camp opportunity for your kids this summer!