The weather is warming up, the grills are on, and a fresh cocktail wraps up the perfect picture for that sunset on the deck, right?! Right! But what if some of your guests do not appreciate alcohol, will we be left out of the party? Surely not. There are several delicious and healthy alternatives to keep everyone in the celebration.
Today I bring you a Matcha Mojito and a Peach Sangria. The base used for both mocktails is Kombucha and, since it contains less than 0.5% alcohol (always check the label!), I consider both Mocktail drinks. Kombucha is a sweet, fizzy drink made of yeast, sugar, and fermented tea. It is also known for its potential health benefits, including gut health and liver function due to its billions of probiotics. The more you know!
14 fl oz (414 ml) Kombucha
10 fresh mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
1 sliced lime
2 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ tsp matcha powder
- In a large pitcher or bowl, place the mint, matcha powder, and sugar and mash them with a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add the lime slices and mash again.
- Divide the mixture into two glasses, add a handful of ice (cubes or crushed), and fill with Kombucha.
Ginger Peach “Sangria”
14 fl oz (414 ml) Kombucha (ginger or ginger peach flavored preferably)
½ cup peach puree (see notes)
2 tbsp agave (or maple syrup, or honey)
2 peaches pitted and sliced
5 basil leaves (plus more for garnish)
- In a large pitcher or bowl, place the peach puree and agave (or maple syrup, or honey).
- Stir in the peach slices. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the Kombucha and basil leaves.
- Pour into two glasses filled with ice (cubes or crushed).
Notes: For the peach puree, in case you do not have it on hand, blend 5 ounces of frozen, or (2 medium) fresh peeled and pitted peaches in a high-speed blender until smooth.