I was so anxious to plan Frank’s 3rd birthday party this year. He is finally at age where we could do a party for his friends. There’s a lot of options in St. Louis for kid’s parties, but I wanted something clean and easy for smaller kids – Play Street Museum is the perfect spot. (Check out our recent Facebook LIVE to get the lay of the land!)
So, how do you plan a party there? It’s SO easy! Just call or send an email to see if your date is available and they will email all of the info over. Here’s the nitty gritty!
There are lots of party times to choose from.
Monday – Thursday
Saturday & Sunday
Play Street Museum is a children’s play spot that’s perfect for pretend play. Equipped with a grocery store, house, doctors office and more, kiddos can play, pretend, dress up and explore.
- 20 kids included in cost, $10-20 each additional kid depending on which package you choose
- 1.5 hour increments
- Set up 30 minutes before, but must be out by your event end time
- Free parking on street or in garage
- You can bring in outside food or drink
- $200 + tax deposit is nonrefundable
There are four package options. I went with the lowest cost- DIY. As a retired wedding planner, I LIVE for planning parties so I prefer to handle the décor and details myself, but if you want something more all-inclusive then you have that option for a higher price.
OPTION 1: THE DO-IT-YOURSELF $375
- Private use of Play Street Museum for 1 1/2 hours
- Bring in your own decorations
- Bring in your own food & drinks (no alcohol please)
* Up to 20 children. Each additional child is $10.
UPGRADE YOUR GOODIE BAG
Don’t stress about your goodie bags, let Play Street take care of that for you! 20 goodie bags: each one includes a healthy snack and a play pass valid for one return visit to Play Street Museum St. Louis (valid for 3 months after the date of your party) packaged together in a clear bag tied with our signature ribbon. $125
OPTION 2: SWEET & SIMPLE $625
- All of option 1 plus:
- Invitations: Play Street Museum theme
- Happy Birthday To You sign (blue or pink)
- Water & Juice Boxes or Lemonade
- Paper goods: dessert plates, napkins, cups and striped straws (choose 1-3 colors from our color chart)
- 24 vanilla cupcakes with white icing and coordinating flags
- Garland, pom poms, or pin wheels
- A healthy snack and a return pass for each child
- You bring in a few accessories to coordinate with the colors you choose to make this the easiest character / themed party ever!
* Up to 20 children. Each additional child is $15.
OPTION 3: SIT BACK & RELAX $975
- All of option 2 plus:
- Choice of one of our party themes
- Custom Invitations
- 4 large pizzas or 2 large sandwich trays
- Fruit and veggie tray
* Up to 20 children. Each additional child is $20.
OPTION 4: PSM CRAFT CO. PARTY STARTING AT $375
- Option 1 party plus the cost of a craft or activity for each child.
- Painting on canvas, slime or other craft
- Includes everything you need to make your party more creative and FUN!
- Recommended for kiddos ages 5+
My Party Planning Tips:
- Send the waiver link to your guests ahead of the event to save time when they arrive.
- Prep as much of your décor at home as you can. Unwrap plates, cups, string banners, etc. With only 30 minutes to set up, you want to save as much time to fix problems as possible!
- If you invite 20 kiddos and both parents come…you have 40 parents…this is a lot for the space. I would recommend letting everyone know that just one parent is fine. This could come off a little weird so just casually mention it if you can. Worst case, some parents could take a walk around the area during the party to alleviate congestion.
- If your party is during a meal time, don’t go overboard with food. The kids will be distracted and want to play. Stick with heavy snacks and cake or dessert.
- I recommend favors. It is hard to get 20 kids out of a play space in a reasonable amount of time, but if your son/daughter has favors to hand out as they leave then it’s easier to clear the place out!
- The back drop area has hooks already attached to it, but if you need a different layout then 3M mounting strips will work perfectly for whatever you want to hang.
I truly love this venue for a birthday party. It is clean, creative and convenient and their staff help with set up and clean up making things super easy. We might just be back next year!
Our contributor team enjoying some play time earlier this year!
This post was sponsored by Play Street Museum, but all opinions and experiences are the author’s own.