I don’t know about you, but at the end of a long summer day, the last thing I want to do is stand in a hot kitchen and cook! “Quick & easy” is the name of my summer cooking game!
I polled some of my mom friends for their favorite summer recipes. I asked for:
? KID/FAMILY APPROVED
? HEALTHY (is a bonus!)
? MAIN DISHES, SIDES, DESSERTS AND/OR SNACKS
Below are links and recipes shared by other mamas to make your kitchen lives a little less hectic this summer.
Tacos/Taco Salads – no recipe; be creative! (courtesy of fellow STLMB mom: Jessie Austermann)
Instant Pot Hawaiian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (courtesy of fellow STLMB mom: Ashley Ariñez)
Rotisserie Chicken – served a variety of ways throughout the week (courtesy of: my neighbor with three active boys)
- Chicken nachos
- Chicken salad
- Chicken pasta salad
- Pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches
Crock-pot Fajitas (courtesy of: a former co-worker)
- Jar of salsa
- Taco Seasoning
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken.
- Sauté some peppers and/or onions.
- Combine on shells with desired toppings & enjoy!
Tomato Pie (courtesy of: Momma Sharon)
- Note: This is an oven recipe, but it sounded so good that I couldn’t pass it up!
Chicken Pasta Salad (courtesy of: my mama)
Mix together dressing ingredients in large bowl.
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Add the following ingredients.
- 2 cups cooked multi-colored rotini noodles
- 10oz diced chicken, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, raw
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, raw
- 1/2 medium green pepper, raw
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 4oz mild cheddar cheese cubes
- bacon bits (optional)
Combine, chill, and serve!
Caprese Salad (courtesy of fellow STLMB mom: Melissa Grace)
Balsamic Cucumber Salad (courtesy of: my friend on a low carb mission)
- Cucumber (cut-up in bite size pieces)
- Sharp white cheddar (cubed)
- Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Marinate in balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
Spinach Salad (courtesy of: my sister, Lauren)
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn small
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fried bacon, crumbled
- Dressing (make the day before)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Toss right before serving & enjoy!
Frozen Grapes (courtesy of: my neighbor with three active boys)
- Wash grapes with water then freeze. Tastes like a grape popsicles!
Candied Grapes (courtesy of: peeps I follow on Instagram)
- Note: I use sugar-free Jell-O mix to make them zero points on WW